Tuesday, January 30, 2007

War in Iraq to get worse

Senator McCain who used to be a general talks with Anderson Cooper about Iraq.

TAKEN FROM
http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/anderson.cooper.360/blog/

COOPER: Sen. Clinton is proposing cap on troop levels at the January 1 level; Obama says January 10. Does that make any sense to you?

MCCAIN: First of all, I think I'm fairly well versed in military matters and tactics and strategy. I've been involved in it literally all my life in one way or another, but I can't tell you how many troops are needed. I think it's pretty clear the number of troops we have isn't getting the job done. I think there's almost universal acceptance of that. So you put a cap on it? So the status quo remains? Which is a steadily deteriorating situation? Again, intel sources tell me, by the way, public not classified, that if this present situation continues, within six months you'd see absolute chaos in Iraq.

I agree...

The current situation will get worse before it gets better. Expect disruptions in the supply of oil.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home